For your wellness: 5 tips for working from home during COVID-19
Working from home? Us too.
We know that many of you are adjusting to a new “office” life. There are benefits to working from home, of course: saving on gas and reduced travel time. Make your home space optimized for work by creating an environment you can thrive in.
Here are some suggestions to enhance your workplace and keep you balanced for maximum productivity:
1. Get started early
There’s a lot you can get done before 8:00 am. There are no incoming emails or anyone pinging your phone. Take this time to get in a workout, enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, and prioritize your workload. Take a shower to freshen up and get out of your pajamas and diffuse some of these oils below to help awaken your senses.
- Peppermint Oil: Add a few drops of invigorating peppermint oil to the floor of your shower to get your day started.
- Grapefruit Oil: Infuse your body wash with a couple of drops of grapefruit oil to brighten up your morning.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Feeling sluggish? With an earthier scent, eucalyptus has similar awakening properties as peppermint. Add a few drops to your bath to help relieve mental fatigue.
2. Keep your space clean and eliminate clutter
It’s not uncommon to have things cluttering your working area, especially if you have kids. Make sure to purge old papers, magazines, and old coffee cups. Keep the air clean and fresh by diffusing some tea tree oil or lemon oil while boosting your mood.
Alternatively, you can make your own DIY nontoxic surface cleaner that is effective and smells great!
3. Create a calming and inspirational surrounding
Add a touch of personal comfort to your working area. Perhaps it’s a favorite family photo, some fresh flowers, or a motivational quote in a picture frame. You can also set an uplifting mood by diffusing your favorite essential oils. Check out some of our favorites down below!
- Lavender Oil: Known for its calming properties, lavender is an ideal oil to diffuse if you are feeling stressed or anxious.
- Lemongrass Oil: For a more energy-boosting oil, try diffusing lemongrass for a fresh scent
- Cinnamon Oil: Make your workspace a bit cozier by diffusing cinnamon oil with a diffuser necklace or bracelet.
4. Reward yourself with short breaks
You're going to need breaks so allow yourself a few minutes, occasionally, to put your brain on hold. Take some time to stretch, meditate, or make a quick energizing snack. While you’re on a break, try incorporating some of these essential oils below.
- Peppermint Oil: To help you focus after your break, peppermint oil is ideal to perk up your spirits. Mix a few drops of carrier oil with peppermint oil and apply it to your temples to lift your productivity. Essential oils are extremely concentrated so it’s crucial to dilute the oils before using them on your skin.
- Lemon Oil: Take a few deep breaths of lemon oil to help reinvigorate your senses to motivate yourself to finish the rest of your workday.
Relaxation Blend: If you decide to meditate, this relaxation blend is the perfect edition. With notes of Marjoram, lavender, citrus, and vanilla, apply this topical blend behind your ears.
5. Relax your mind and body
After a busy day, it can be challenging to turn your mind off. It’s also the time when cravings kick in. Instead of raiding the refrigerator and binge-watching Netflix – treat yourself. Run a warm bath, apply a face mask, or read to unwind after a long day. Take a look at some of our favorite essential oils to prepare for a good night’s sleep.
- Cedarwood Oil: With a sweet, woody fragrance, add a few drops of cedarwood oil to your bath to blissfully relax.
- Lavender Oil: As mentioned previously, the calming properties of lavender are perfect for helping you sleep. Try a DIY lavender pillow mist a try to unwind.
- Ylang Ylang Oil: Diffuse a few drops of ylang lyang oil to help destress from a long day while you read or do a face mask!
Creating a positive, functional, and inspiring space with the help of essential oils can make your home office the productive environment you need.
Ready to enhance your space? Click here to shop our full collection!